SK-2 Step Bolt Anchor Point
The Rapid Rail International SK-2 solves the problem of step bolts not meeting anchor point standards. The SK-2 is simply fitted to an existing step bolt which then becomes a 5000lbf (22kN) rated anchor point and can be left in place once fitted for future use.
- The SK-2 allows safe use of existing step-bolts as anchor points
- Quick and easy installation
- No requirement to remove existing step-bolts
- Can be fitted to galvanized or weathering steel step-bolts
- Available to fit 5/8” [16mm] , 3/4” [19mm] and 7/8” [22mm] step bolts
How The SK-2 Step Bolt Anchor Point Works
The SK-2 is fitted to existing step-bolts which then become fall arrest rated anchor points. A simple installation process requires the SK-2 to be placed the over the step-bolt with the lower edge angled down towards the tower body and the pips against the tower leg. Then use a suitable wrench to tighten the bolt sufficiently to prevent it rotating on the step bolt and torque as specified within the installation guide. The climber will now be able to place their lanyard snap-hook through SK-2 giving them a safer climbing experience.
SK-2 Step Bolt Anchor Point Features
- SK-2 allows safe use of existing step-bolts as fall arrest anchor points
- Quick and easy installation. No requirement to remove existing step-bolts
- Low cost of ownership
- Corrosion resistant, can be fitted to galvanized or weathering steel step-bolts
- Rated up to 5000lbf (22kN)
- Complies with relevant international height safety standards
Applications for SK-2 Step Bolt Anchor Point
- Electrical Utility Transmission Structures
- Telecomunication towers
- Wind Energy
- Tower Cranes
Get In Touch
Get in touch with us using the form below and one of our representatives will be in touch shortly. If you would like to send an attachment to us then please use the ‘Choose File’ box on the form.
Alternatively contact us on +44 (0) 1633 870676 from the U.K. or +1 (610) 295 5479 from the U.S.